Friday, June 6, 2008

E-marketing class Beware the Viral Movie Campaign

John Doyle
Bonus Blog


Before I go into the article let me establish what viral marketing is. Viral Marketing is a promotion that, either by design or accident, catches on with internet users or is passed from one to the other, multiplying the effectiveness of the original distribution. This article is about how viral marketing can potentially ruin a movie before the release of it. The author discusses her obsession with wanting to see the Iron Man movie, and how she saw every advertisement/ trailer made for the movie. She becomes infatuated with the movie trailer and tells everyone she runs into about where they get annoyed with her. She couldn’t stop watching and looking that she began to wonder if she will get burned out before the movie appeared in theatres. The movie used some cross branding to exploit the new hit movie. Using Lg mobil and the Audi car company which I believe are found in the film. I believe Viral marketing eventually can become exhausting by the extra information, and she said to use a tip from the maxim magazine which is to “hold a little back.” Being that I’m not big into going to the movie theatre I didn’t realize till now that there have been viral campaigns that I couldn’t stand. For some movies they tend to over do it. Please write back to give me your experience with viral marketing!!!

the original article http://www.blogger.com/www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24415381/wid/11915829/

No comments: